MBA FULL-TIME at a GLANCE
69 US Credits
Start in September
One Common Core, Three Unique Career Paths
The IUM Master in Business Administration students are given the unique opportunity to focus, if they wish, on one of three specific Career Tracks:
and Innovation Management
This option has been designed to allow those students who have a clear professional goal or industry in mind to acquire the theoretical tools and practical insights to rapidly make their way in their chosen careers.
In addition to our full time faculty, guest speakers and adjunct professors from the realms of luxury, finance and entrepreneurship —all very well represented in Monaco— further enhance the hands on and applied focus of these Career Tracks.
What will you GET OUT of your FULL-TIME MBA at IUM?
the solid managerial skill
set which allows you to quickly become productive and confident managers.
the ability to collaborate
in a truly international setting.
learned to work and lead
in a dynamic and unpredictable environment, with people from different regions, cultures and backgrounds.
assimilated not only the hard skills
, but also the soft skills so fundamental to management success today and tomorrow.
a general knowledge
of management theory and practice, as well as specialized industry knowledge of finance, luxury and international management.
a life-changing learning and networking experience
: creating new perspectives, a world-wide network, and ongoing opportunities for professional growth and development.
The Full-time MBA Program at IUM is unique in many ways:
- Accredited MBA program featured in international business rankings:
- Our MBA is accredited by the Association of MBA (AMBA) and is recognized by other international institutions.
- For the past five years our MBA Program has been featured in The Economist's Top 100 MBA Programs Worldwide.
- High quality business education in unique multicultural environment:
- This MBA degree provides its participants with unique international experience in one of the most culturally diverse student communities.
- With 4600 companies on its territory and professionals from all over the world, Monaco offers MBA course students a unique international environment.
- Personal attention during business training
- The high teacher-student ratio in our business school ensures individual and ongoing attention, support, mentoring and feedback.
- Academic staff at our business school work full-time and is available for personal consultations.
- Unique MBA Curriculum and Teaching Philosophy
- 90% of professors at IUM hold a PhD degree and come from around the world, their background contributes to the international and challenging spirit of our business school.
- The innovative, practical and multidisciplinary curriculum in our MBA courses enables students to get a deep understanding of management theory and practice.
- The MBA’s focus on practice is enhanced through tight collaboration with local and international companies in Monaco.
- Our MBA program offers unique optional specialization courses in Applied Finance, Luxury Management, and Innovation Management —activities that are characteristic of the Monegasque economy.
- Professional Development and Career Services
- The Management Assessment Center, together with ongoing courses in Managerial Expertise, enable students to better understand their professional objectives and facilitate the job search process.
- A personalized coaching approach coordinated by Career Services, leadership coaches, and relevant faculty is developed to help MBA program students unleash their full potential.
- This Full-time MBA program has an exceptionally high placement rate upon graduation.
- Unique MBA Education: Inside and Outside the Classroom
- Numerous conferences and networking events are organized throughout the year for MBA program participants.
- Students visit companies in other European cities noted for their expertise and talent in the areas of finance, innovation, and luxury.
- The unique IUM MBA Mentorship Program links you to top executives, leaders and entrepreneurs in the disciplines and industries that interest you.
MBA Program Description
The Master of Business Administration at the International University of Monaco is a 10 month, 69 credit Program comprised of Common Core courses, Specialized Electives, and Career & Personal Development Seminars.
The Common Core: 42 credits
All MBA students complete the Common Core.
The Common Core enables MBA students to master the critical theories of management and practice while also enhancing students' critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills. Common core courses are built on a mix of lectures, case studies and practical research in order to ensure that students understand the fundamental managerial disciplines and tenets of modern business.
The Specialization Elective Courses: 18 credits
Beginning in the Winter Term, once students have acquired the skills and knowledge of general management theory and practice, and continuing into the Spring Term, students may choose amongst electives in Applied Finance, Luxury Management or Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management.
The career & personal development seminars: 9 credits
The Office of Career Services offers free access to a sophisticated and highly recognized self-assessment inventory – as Career Leader Online Assessment tests and MBTI - and suggests additional self-assessment tools for individual needs and specific requests.
The web-based self-assessment is followed by a series of formal interviews with a career counselor, scheduled throughout the academic year.
MBA Program Outcomes
The Master of Business Administration graduates have:
- the solid managerial skill set which allows them to quickly become productive and confident managers.
- acquired the ability to collaborate in a truly international setting
- learned to work and lead in a dynamic and unpredictable environment, with people from different regions, cultures and backgrounds
- assimilated not only the hard skills, but also the soft skills so fundamental to management success today and tomorrow.
- a general knowledge of management theory and practice, as well as specialized industry knowledge of finance, luxury and international management
- had a life-changing learning experience: creating new perspectives, a world-wide network, and ongoing opportunities for professional growth and development.
Personal Development Program –PDP
MBA students will also participate in an innovative Talent & Career Development Program, inspired from corporate best practices in talent management and high flyer development programs.
It aims to help students to create and implement an individual development plan, scheduled throughout the year with short and medium term objectives, which are monitored by professional coaches and career counselors.
This program enables MBA students to acquire the transferable skills that are sought-after by companies, and to target jobs that fit their skills and interests. The T&CD Program combines the tools of Assessment & Development Centers with interactive «self selling» workshops; business role-play games and simulations. It is completed by a Mentorship Program which recommends to all eligible students their own business executive working in the targeted job area.
Corporate Relations Activities –CRA
As important as the academic MBA curriculum, is our commitment to ensuring that MBA students have ongoing opportunities to meet and network with members of the business and entrepreneurial community
for which Monaco is so well known. We do this through a series of conferences; through our Mentorship Program, which pairs MBA students with business leaders both in Monaco and abroad; ; and through our Corporate Consulting Projects
, in which students work closely together with company executives on actual projects. Organizations such as Puma, Fairmont Hotel, Faconnable, the Monaco Venture Capital Association, Bottega Veneta, and Easy Group
are amongst those which have been involved in such projects.
The aim of the Corporate Projects
is to expose students to the realities of working in selected teams on actual issues, challenges, problematics or growth opportunities confronting companies today. We intentionally invite a wide selection of companies from all sectors and of all sizes to participate in this program. Students, working closely with the point of contact within the company, will have to analyze the situation, embark on relevant research, assess pros and cons, and present and substantiate their recommendations to the company. Groups will be graded by faculty, the MBA program director, and
senior management of the company. Examples include market entry and development strategies for different regions, growth and M&A alternatives, global supply chain and logistics decisions
IUM MBA Mentorship Program
For the last eight years, the International University of Monaco has been offering a unique Mentorship Program for its MBA students. This Mentorship Program creates direct links between Monaco’s dynamic business and entrepreneurial community, and the MBA’s internationally diverse and professionally experienced student body.
Thanks to this program, students have the exceptional experience of benefitting from the
guidance, insight and knowledge of CEOs, top executives, and successful entrepreneurs from a variety of sectors and countries.
Every year this program involves more than 80 mentors and has been an outstanding contribution to student`s overall experience here, and the achievement of their professional goals.
Through this opportunity to develop ongoing relationships with successful professionals, students gain a unique appreciation of the industry or practice which most interests them. This is not only beneficial for their studies, but also assists in their career aspirations.
A University degree program is a substantial investment that needs to be carefully evaluated. IUM offers a number of scholarships to assist you in funding your studies. In addition, some of the best financing options available to prospective students may also be found in their country of origin or residence.
Please be aware that all IUM program acceptance criteria are based on merit and we do not take your financial situation into account when making our admissions decisions. Applying for funding will not affect you chances of being admitted to your program of choice but the competition for funding within each program can vary from year to year.
While some of our students receive aid from the University in the form of scholarships and awards, through sources in their home countries, or through sponsorship by their company, most use personal savings or take out loans in order to finance their tuition and living expenses while at IUM.
To help assess the financial obligations required to attend IUM you must first acquaint yourself with the program tuition and fees and an estimate of living expenses. While the Office of Admissions will do its best to assist you in meeting your financial needs, the responsibility of financing your degree ultimately lies with you.
List of Available IUM Scholarships